[FriBidi] fribidi2 build problems

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Fri May 23 10:03:47 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 00:39 -0500, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi,

> I'm having a probably building fribidi2.
>
> I can build the version in http://fribidi.org/download/fribidi-0.19.1.tar.gz
>
> but it does not build fribidi-config which I need to configure my other
> software the is using it.

IIRC, in fribidi2 I dropped fribidi-config in favor of pkg-config.
Maybe you simply need the 0.10.x series, or do you want the Arabic
support?  It should be easy to patch your other software to use
pkg-config instead of fribidi-config.

> I also downloaded cvs and I can not ./bootstrap as it throws the
> following errors.
>
> I have spent most of my evening fight with this. Any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
>    -Stephen Woodbridge
>
> woodbri at carto:/u/software/fribidi2$ ./bootstrap -v
> Usable autoreconf found, running
> autoreconf2.50: Entering directory `.'
> autoreconf2.50: configure.ac: not using Gettext
> autoreconf2.50: running: aclocal  --output=aclocal.m4t
> autoreconf2.50: `aclocal.m4' is unchanged
> autoreconf2.50: configure.ac: tracing
> autoreconf2.50: running: libtoolize --copy --force
> autoreconf2.50: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
> autoreconf2.50: running: /usr/bin/autoheader --force
> autoreconf2.50: running: automake --add-missing --copy
> configure.ac: 44: `automake requires `AM_CONFIG_HEADER', not
> `AC_CONFIG_HEADER'
> automake: Makefile.am: not supported: source file
> `lib/fribidi-unicode-version.h' is in subdirectory
> automake: charset/Makefile.am: unterminated conditionals:
> @FRIBIDI_CHARSETS_TRUE@
> charset/Makefile.am:8: pkginclude_HEADERS defined both conditionally and
> unconditionally
> charset/Makefile.am:10: libfribidi_char_sets_la_LDFLAGS defined both
> conditionally and unconditionally
> automake: charset/Makefile.am: warning: automake does not support
> libfribidi_char_sets_la_LDFLAGS being defined conditionally
> charset/Makefile.am:11: variable `GLIB_LIBS' not defined
> lib/Makefile.am:7: libfribidi_la_LDFLAGS defined both conditionally and
> unconditionally
> lib/Makefile.am:5: AM_CPPFLAGS defined both conditionally and
> unconditionally
> lib/Makefile.am:8: libfribidi_la_LIBADD defined both conditionally and
> unconditionally
> lib/Makefile.am:9: libfribidi_la_DEPENDENCIES defined both conditionally
> and unconditionally
> automake: lib/Makefile.am: warning: automake does not support
> libfribidi_la_LDFLAGS being defined conditionally
> lib/Makefile.am:28: invalid variable `nodist_pkginclude_HEADERS'
> bin/Makefile.am:17: LDADD defined both conditionally and unconditionally
> doc/Makefile.am:12: inst_symbols defined both conditionally and
> unconditionally
> doc/Makefile.am:13: noinst_symbols defined both conditionally and
> unconditionally
> doc/Makefile.am:12: inst_symbols defined both conditionally and
> unconditionally
> autoreconf2.50: automake failed with exit status: 1

Works fine with autoreconf 2.61 and automake 1.10.1 here.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759