[Ftp-release] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-gabble 0.7.8

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 13:29:47 PDT 2008

telepathy-glib 0.7.8, the "Hildesheim Flugplatz" release.

Tarball:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-glib/telepathy-glib-0.7.8.tar.gz
Signature:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-glib/telepathy-glib-0.7.8.tar.gz.asc
Version control is now done using git:
git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/telepathy-gabble.git
http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=telepathy-gabble.git (gitweb)

Requirements:

* telepathy-glib >= 0.7.14
* To build from git, automake 1.9 (although 0.7.7 actually required this too)

Enhancements:

* Implement the Contacts interface for bulk contact-handle inspection

* Implement spec 0.17.9 (add the TargetID property to all channels)

* Start to port channel factories away from TpChannelFactoryIface in
  preparation for implementing the Requests API

* Add a simple smoke-test for SimplePresence

* Use tp_debug_divert_messages() rather than our own copy of it, since we
  now depend on a new enough telepathy-glib anyway

Fixes:

* Obey the Telepathy spec by giving 'dnd' presence type Presence_Type_Busy
  and not Presence_Type_Away

* Fix the test suite so test failure causes a nonzero exit status
  (regression in 0.7.7)

* Fix test-si-tubes and test-disco to run the test all the way through
  (regression in 0.7.7)

* Use the pedantically correct marshaller for a GArray, since GObject 2.17
  actually checks for POINTER vs BOXED (regression in 0.7.7)

* Remove unconditional debug messages in a few places

Regards,
    Simon