[Ftp-release] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-gabble 0.7.16

Senko Rasic senko at senko.net
Tue Dec 2 07:39:19 PST 2008

telepathy-gabble 0.7.16, the "what could possibly go wrong" release.

Tarball:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.7.16.tar.gz
Signature:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.7.16.tar.gz.asc
Git repository:
git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/telepathy-gabble.git
http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=telepathy-gabble.git (gitweb)

This release contains the reworked Jingle engine with support for latest
Jingle draft (XEP-0166 v0.32), and Google's Jingle variants as used in
their desktop client and recently launched Googlemail client.

This release has no known regressions, but as we have done extensive changes
to the Jingle engine, you might want to restrict this release to experimental
distributions like Debian experimental and Fedora rawhide for now.

Note that this release still supports only google-p2p transport mechanism,
but the new code allows us to add support for other mechanisms and we are
working on raw UDP (XEP-0177) and ICE-UDP (XEP-0176) transport mechanisms.

Enhancements:

* fd.o #15908: refactor Jingle state machine

* fd.o #15907: Update real-Jingle implementation to XEP-0166 v0.25

* fd.o #13159: support current Google Talk protocol

* Misc Tubes-related enhancements and fixes

Fixes:

* fd.o #18404: fix race condition in tests/twisted/roster/ensure.py

* Fixes for double freeing in dispose in channel managers

Regards,
Senko

--
Senko Rasic at Collabora <senko.rasic at collabora.co.uk>