[Ftp-release] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-mission-control 5.1.3

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Wed Jul 1 05:56:52 PDT 2009

The "wilting" release.

Tarball:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-mission-control/telepathy-mission-control-5.1.3.tar.gz
Signature:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-mission-control/telepathy-mission-control-5.1.3.tar.gz.asc
The latest reviewed code is always available from:
git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/telepathy-mission-control.git
http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=telepathy-mission-control.git (gitweb)

Enhancements:

* Improve test coverage, including EnsureChannel (smcv)

* In tests, add the ability to test an installed MC binary (installcheck)
  (smcv)

Fixes:

* Make sure that ChannelDispatchOperations emit Finished before they are
  unreffed for the last time (smcv)

* Stop mcd_mission_abort() from implicitly closing channels, meaning that
  when Close() has an extra protocol-level meaning (for instance, when using
  an IRC proxy), we don't respond to connection loss by departing from all
  channels. Instead, explicitly close channels whenever desired (smcv)

* Add API for plugins to destroy channels, close channels with a reason,
  or "forget" (do not dispatch) channels (smcv)

* In situations where channels can't be handled, use Destroy() to terminate
  them, if available (smcv)

* In wait-for-name, initialize error properly if we can't connect to D-Bus
  (smcv)

* In tests, restructure `make check-torture` so it doesn't exceed command-line
  length limits (smcv)

* Use g_file_set_contents to overwrite files (mardy)

Regards,
    Simon