[Ftp-release] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-gabble 0.8.6

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Fri Oct 9 04:41:53 PDT 2009

Here's telepathy-gabble 0.8.6, the “two eggs, half a cup of flour, four
tons of beef, and a leek” release.

tarball:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.8.6.tar.gz
signature:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.8.6.tar.gz.asc
git: git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/telepathy-gabble.git (the
telepathy-gabble-0.8 branch)
gitweb:
http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=telepathy-gabble.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/telepathy-gabble-0.8

Dependencies:

• telepathy-glib 0.7.37 or later is now required.

Enhancements:

• The Immutable_Streams pseudo-capability and ImmutableStreams property
  for Streamed Media channels, which indicate that video cannot be added
  after an audio-only call has started, are now implemented (primarily
  for Google Video Chat contacts).  UIs may use these flags to determine
  whether to show separate “audio call” and “video call” options, or a
  single “call” option, for example.  (Will)

• The undrafted InitialAudio and InitialVideo properties are now
  implemented (with the DRAFT variants still present and functional for
  backwards-compatibility). (Will)

Fixes:

• Don't repeatedly request our own vCard when we don't have an avatar,
  and fix an assertion. fd.o#23684 (Alban)

• The connection process now times out after a minute if the server
  stops responding. Fixes fd.o#24135 (Will)

• Don't wait for more capabilities if we already know a contact's
  callable. (Will)

• We now remember what our own current and past capabilities hashes
  mean, which prevents us unnecessarily discoing other Gabbles, and
  works around an iChat bug where returning <item-not-found/> for a
  disco request just makes it try again and again. (Will)

--
Will