[Ftp-release] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-gabble 0.9.0
guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Wed Sep 16 04:22:40 PDT 2009
The "Use STAPLE REMOVER on TREMENDOUS DANGEROUS-LOOKING YAK" release.
This is the first release in the 0.9 development branch.
Most users should continue to use the 0.8.x stable branch for now.
This release introduces some regressions: proxies and keep-alive aren't
supported any more. These features will be back in future releases.
git: git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/telepathy-gabble.git (the master
* Gabble doesn't depend on loudmouth anymore. Instead, it ships a
copy of Wocky, a new XMPP library based on gio. As a side effect of
this, gio >= 2.21 and gnutls >= 2.8.2 are now needed to build Gabble.
* telepathy-glib >= 0.7.37 is now required
* Add the ability to send a message when terminating a VoIP call (wjt)
* Add ContactSearch channels using spec draft 2 (wjt, cassidy)
* Implement the final ContactCapabilities spec, and refactor
Capabilities code to represent capabilities as sets of XML namespaces,
rather than bitfields (wjt, smcv)
* fd.o#19952: Support requesting channels with InitialAudio/InitialVideo
through the final API from telepathy-spec 0.17.28 (smcv)
* Gabble now loads certificates from ~/.config/telepathy/certs/ as well
as from the system-wide location (/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt).
* Improve pubsub.c test coverage (cassidy)
* fd.o #22968: don't try to pass credentials through Unix sockets on
since the way we currently do it is known to be non-portable. Patches
to implement Credentials on more OSs would be welcomed. (smcv)
More information about the Ftp-release