[Ftp-release] Announce: telepathy-haze 0.4.0
simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Thu Aug 5 09:20:19 PDT 2010
The "JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET IN THE CAR!" release.
This release starts a 0.4.x stable branch with conservative dependencies.
The next release from the 'master' branch will be 0.5.0, and will depend on
newer versions of GLib, telepathy-glib and libpurple; in particular, 0.5.x
won't be suitable for use on Maemo 5.
Haze is a Telepathy connection manager based on libpurple, allowing Telepathy
applications to connect to the protocols supported by Pidgin. For protocols
that have a more specific connection manager (e.g. telepathy-gabble for XMPP),
we recommend using that instead.
• libpurple ≥ 2.6 is now required
• The telepathy-glib dependency has been reduced to 0.8.1
• The GLib dependency has been reduced to 2.20
• Some features are disabled unless you have libpurple 2.7,
telepathy-glib 0.9.2 and GLib 2.22
• fd.o #23702: use uint16 for port numbers, and be permissive about
minor type variations in what we're actually given (wjt)
More information about the Ftp-release