[Ftp-release] Announce: telepathy-spec 0.19.7

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jun 14 08:13:40 PDT 2010

telepathy-spec 0.19.7, the "stay away from the blue" release, is now available.

telepathy-spec is the document defining the Telepathy real-time communication
framework's D-Bus API, from which all our other projects are derived.

The current development version of telepathy-spec is available as HTML:
  <http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec/>
or from the 'master' branch in the git repository:
  <git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/telepathy-spec.git>
  <git+ssh://git.collabora.co.uk/git/telepathy-spec.git> (for committers)
  <http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=telepathy-spec.git> (gitweb)

For packagers (e.g. http://packages.debian.org/telepathy-spec):
tar: http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-spec/telepathy-spec-0.19.7.tar.gz
sig: http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-spec/telepathy-spec-0.19.6.tar.gz.asc

New stable API:

⌖ fd.o #21200: the detailed ConnectionError signal added in 0.17.x
  is now mirrored by ConnectionError, ConnectionErrorDetails properties
  on the Account (smcv)

⌖ fd.o #24905: the ServicePoint interfaces added in 0.19.6 are now
  considered stable, with no substantive changes

⌖ fd.o #24909: the Anonymity interfaces added in 0.19.6 are now
  considered stable, with some minor changes:
  ⌁ operations that would break mandatory anonymity fail with
    a new WouldBreakAnonymity error, instead of NotAvailable (smcv)
  ⌁ the Conn.I.Anonymity.Mandatory property is now called
    Conn.I.Anonymity.AnonymityMandatory (smcv)

⌖ fd.o #24882: chat states are state-recoverable via a new ChatStates
  property (smcv)

Tools changes:

⌖ fd.o #28111: make page titles fit better in browser tabs (wjt)

⌖ Switch to shorter HTML filenames in output, which don't change when the
  interface is undrafted (smcv)