[Ftp-release] Announce: telepathy-spec 0.21.2

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Fri Oct 15 07:56:33 PDT 2010

The "Ponderer of Witty Job Titles" release.

telepathy-spec is the document defining the Telepathy real-time communication
framework's D-Bus API, from which all our other projects are derived.

  <http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec/>
  <http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-spec/>
  <git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/telepathy-spec.git>
  <http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=telepathy-spec.git> (gitweb)

New stable API:

• Rejected error code for use with Call (jonny)

• StreamHandler now has StartNamedTelephonyEvent and StartSoundTelephonyEvent
  signals (ocrete)

Clarifications:

• Chan.I.Messages' three capability-discovery properties
  (DeliveryReportingSupport, MessagePartSupportFlags and SupportedContentTypes)
  are now stated to be immutable (smcv)

New experimental API:

• fd.o #30512: Conn.I.Keepalive, an interface to vary keepalive intervals at
  runtime (wjt)

• fd.o #30043: Handler.FUTURE.BypassObservers indicates that channels handled
  by the given handler shouldn't cause observers to be invoked (ptlo)

Changes to experimental API:

• Numerous changes to Call and its related interfaces (jonny)

Tools changes:

• fd.o #30511: add markup for immutable properties, requestable channel
  properties, and connection properties that are also parameters (jonny, wjt)

• Reject <tp:flag> values that are not a power of two, <tp:flags> that are
  not uint32, and duplicate flag and enum values (jonny)

• Warn on unexpected XML elements and dangling cross-references to errors,
  and optionally also on dangling cross-references to D-Bus interfaces (jonny)