[Galago-devel] builing on Mac OS X

Christian Hammond chipx86 at gnupdate.org
Mon Jul 4 04:04:10 EEST 2005

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 11:20:00AM +0300, Onne Gorter wrote:
> hi all,
>
> just builded galago lib and daemon on Mac OS X, thought I should say
> something.
>
> libgalago installs just fine;
> galago-daemon needs a tiny patch, because you need to link in
> libgobject-2.0. This has to do with the compiler version on Mac OS X,
> which is gcc-4 (powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.0 (GCC) 4.0.0 20041026
> (Apple Computer, Inc. build 4061)). But then it builds just fine.
>
> The patch actually changes the /configure script, which is not very
> smart. But I didn't feel like tinkering with autoconf/automake and
> friends, because they don't seem to work right away on galago. Mac OS
> X probably comes with the wrong versions, or needs more versions ...
> Hairy business. But the same change can go for configure.ac, incase
> this works right on all systems.

Hello.

The patch is roughly the same to configure.ac. However, I'm uncertain
about the gobject-2.0 version. You use 0.15.0, but it should be the same
as the glib version. Is there a reason you chose this version?

Also, I assume this is a tarball and not SVN? Modifying configure
won't work, as that's rebuilt every time configure.ac changes. Still,
easy fix here.

Can you tell me what versions of autoconf and automake you have? Also,
do things work once you get it all compiled? Is there a prebuilt D-BUS
that can be easily installed somewhere, and what version?

Christian

--
Christian Hammond         <>  The Galago Project
chipx86 at gnupdate.org      <>  http://www.galago.info/