[Galago-devel] [pynotify] Replace notifications created by another process

Christian Hammond chipx86 at chipx86.com
Sun Dec 2 12:41:01 PST 2007

Hi.

There's nothing in place for getting a notification's ID through either
d-bus or pynotify. You would have to somehow share the ID between instances
of your program in order to replace the notification. It's such a rare
usecase that I don't know that it should go into the notification spec (plus
it's prone to abuse and to problems, such as if two notifications shared the
same header text).

What's the goal of the daemon and the python process? Can the process
somehow use the daemon to grab a notification ID for use, or go through the
daemon to emit notifications (allowing the daemon to track the ID)?

Christian

Christian Hammond - chipx86 at chipx86.com
VMware, Inc.