Ultrastar Deluxe

Miriam Ruiz miriam at debian.org
Thu Dec 11 03:47:09 PST 2008

Hi,

I've started working in the packaging of Ultrastar Deluxe [1] [2], but
I'm finding some copyright issues with it, the most important of which
ia that it mixes GPLv2+ licensed code with JEDI-SDL [3] [4], which is
MPLv1.1, and they're not compatible. I'm not sure if it can be
replaced by the code in [5], or even if it's a different one, or its
status at all. Even in their onw FAQ [6] they say that "SDL is
distributed under GNU LGPL version 2. This license allows you to use
SDL freely in commercial programs as long as you link with the dynamic
library". Well, I don't know its exact status, but I'll have to solve
it. Apart from that, there are other things in the copyright and
license statements I still have to clarify.

Has anyone been working on this or contacted upstream about it?

[1] http://ultrastardx.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultrastardx
[3] http://delphi-jedi.org/
[4] http://sourceforge.net/projects/jedi-sdl