[Games] Invitation to a cross-distro games packaging/patching/maintaining mailing list

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Wed Nov 26 15:11:20 PST 2008

> you are receiving this email because you are listed as maintainer
> of one or more ports in FreeBSD's game category. I do apologize for
> writing to all of you directly, but there does not seem to be any
> games mailing list for FreeBSD.

> I hope I managed to interest a few of you and hope to see you on
> games at lists.freedesktop.org [1] soon. For an introduction, read
> Miry's email [2].
Thanks a lot for an invintation! I've long searched for a place to
communicate on free/opensource/just available-for-linux games
packaging, porting and generally keeping alive.

There sure may be some useful patches in FreeBSD ports collection
which other os/distros can benefit from and vice versa. Also there
are some games not yet available in Debian (which I also use,
althrought not as closely as FreeBSD)/other repositories, and FreeBSD
ports could be used as a base or just a collection if hints for
packaging. And vice versa as well, of course.

Mailing to ports@ could be useful too.

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3 at jabber.ru    http://www.amdmi3.ru