Games in openSUSE

Pavol Rusnak prusnak at suse.cz
Fri Nov 28 04:50:40 PST 2008

Hi all gamers and maintainers!

Thank for the invitation into this mailing list. I would like to tell
you something about games packaging in openSUSE. Currently we have
around 220 packages in openSUSE Build Service[1] in "games" project[2].
Majority of them are games, but some are libraries needed by them. After
the package is successfully built, it is copied to repository[3], which
can be added as install source to your system. At the moment we build
packages only for SUSE releases, but Build Service is capable to build
RPMs also for Fedora, Mandriva, RHEL, CentOS, and even DEBs for Debian
and Ubuntu! If anyone is interested in packages for these distros, drop
me a note. (But we would need a helping hand with altering the spec/dsc
files to be more universal). Needless to say, that all patches are
available from Build Service for you to look at.

I'm looking forward to more cross-distribution collaboration!

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service
[2] https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=games
    (requires Novell account)
[3] http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/games/

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK                                       SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
Package Maintainer                                Lihovarska 1060/12
PGP 0xA6917144                                     19000 Praha 9, CR
prusnak[at]suse.cz                                http://www.suse.cz