Invitation to a cross-distro games packaging/patching/maintaining mailing list

Eddy Petrișor eddy.petrisor at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 10:23:34 PST 2008

2008/11/28 Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru>:
>> Can you start by listing the games you have in FreeBSD which are not
>> in Debian? Perhaps with a short overview of what patches you have,
>> work that needs to be done, etc. I am willing to bet others will want to
>> package it or have a patch or two of their own.
> May do. For instance, I use Debian lenny on ASUS EeePC. Some games
> may be already in unstable repository, but I'm not yet that familiar
> with Linux to switch to another repository and check it. I'll list
> the most playable games I'd really like to see on debian.

> world of padman (http://www.worldofpadman.com/) - 3D action game based
> on Quake III with it's own content. Changes seem to be numerous.

Packaging on this started, but it seems that for some reason it stopped:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-games/packages/trunk/worldofpadman/?op=log&rev=0&sc=0&isdir=1

The wiki page we use to track the suggestions says:
The game engine and source code are free software (GPLed), but the
license for the game data doesn't permit commercial use, so the game
could go into contrib with the game data into non-free

(http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Suggested#head-a92b05a913ef5232410b58206f477af66c7247fa)

> Worms of Prey (http://wormsofprey.org) nice realtime worms (aka liero)

This was in our svn, but due to inactivity (I think the reason was the
non-freeness of the data package)
it was moved in r4300 in our "attic".

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-games/packages/trunk/?rev=4300&sc=0

--