Idea: Open Gaming Portal / Lobby-System

Sven Pfaller kalterregen at gmx.net
Fri Apr 3 16:59:52 PDT 2009

Miriam Ruiz wrote:
>[...]
> Briefly, I like the idea, I think it has a lot of potential. About the
> API and protocol, I guess it would be the best to try to use as much
> standards as possible in its definition. Something over http would be
> quite nice.

I agree that using existing standards would be the best. I already
thought of using XML for the protocols, but that has to be discussed in
more detail.

> I agree in having the code made in C, but some bindings at
> least in Python would be great.

Definitely. Python is great and the first language binding would
probably be for Python :D .

> What about using the wiki for this?

Not a bad idea. Am I right if I assume that the correct place for a wiki
page would be under:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications

> Greetings,
> Miry