Free 3D Game Maker For Kids&Adults + Need Your Support!

Platinum Arts platinumarts at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 09:12:50 PST 2009

Hi my name is Michael Tomaino and I work on a project called Platinum Arts
Sandbox which makes it easy for kids and adults to create their own 3D
worlds, games, levels, quests, etc.  The software is free and open source
and currently being used in many schools throughout the world.  I have used
it personally to teach in various schools and I've seen work from kids as
young as six.  I do have some of the kids work from a summer camp I taught
if you'd be interested in seeing it.  Here is a review of the software:
http://www.gameculture.com/node/597
We will also be appearing in the Total PC Gaming magazine out in February.

Here is our tutorial video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g44Ww2bg2_E

Here is a video interview of me and it has some shots of the work kids did
at the summer camp:
http://www.moddb.com/games/platinum-arts-sandbox/features/noesis-presents-moddb-tv-sandbox-interview

Our homepage is: http://kids.platinumarts.net As a note we have just been
voted one of the top 100 game projects at moddb out of over 5k.  Please head
to our webpage and see the instructions on how to VOTE FOR US to be in the
top 10!

I originally started this project for kids that were in my before and
afterschool program at an elementary school.  That is one of the reasons it
is free and open source, I want kids to be able to have total access to it.
If I could get this to kids all over the world it would be a dream come
true!  I'm really interested in getting Sandbox into as many linux distros
as possible.  As a note we are preparing a "debian free" and "non free"
package to be included into Edubuntu.  Please let me know what you think and
I'm very willing to work with you however I can to make this a reality.
Take care!
-mike
--
http://Kids.PlatinumArts.Net Free Open Source 3D Game Maker / Game Design