Packaging games from Parallel Realities in GNU/Linux distributions

Stephen Sweeney stephen.j.sweeney at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 12 15:06:50 PDT 2009

Okay, you can do this if you like.

I can then provide two versions of the game on my site: one that is totally
free and the original one with all the music, sounds, etc.

Ah, yes; the graphic of the circuit board isn't free, either.

http://amber.rc.arizona.edu/darktree/CircuitBoard.jpg

2009/9/12 Guus Sliepen <guus at debian.org>

> On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 06:16:41PM +0100, Stephen Sweeney wrote:
>
> > Textures I didn't make,
> >
> > arctic, common, desert, grasslands, liquid, mech, radiant, ruins, tools,
> > tunnels, virtual
>
> Ok, those contain natural looking textures. For replacements, I see two
>
> - Repaint them in the Gimp or another image editor, and make it cartoonish.
>  Pros: easier, might compress better for better OpenGL performance.
>  Cons: makes the game more cartoonish.
>
> - Collect free, similar textures from peoples photo collections or free
>  resources on the Internet.
>  Pros: looks better.
>  Cons: harder to do I think.
>
> I'll try to see what I can do, and send you replacements if I have them.
>
> > And, within textures/game, the following files
> >
> > c4.png, day.jpg, day2.jpg, dusk2.jpg, glassImpact01.png, iceBlock.png
> > map.png, sentryGun1.jpg, spiderBlob.png, sunset.png, teekaWeapon.png,
> > keyCard.png (might be from Gimp, though)
>
> Hm, keyCard.png looks remarkably the same as the background of the title
> screen
> of Blobwars!
>
> --
> Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
>      Guus Sliepen <guus at debian.org>

--
The Honour of the Knights
http://www.battleforthesolarsystem.com