raidem and gcc 4.7

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Feb 24 21:48:46 PST 2012

In case anyone is interested I did the work necessary to get raidem to work
with gcc 4.7.

Raidem had been relying on deprecated features which were finally dropped
in gcc 4.7. I reworked raidem to use gnustep with NSObject as the root
class and the game seems to run. (There could easily still be bugs in
the conversion as I am not really a raidem player and have only played
a little ways into the game.)

I tried letting upstream know, but given that not much seems to have happened
there in 5 years, I am not expecting a new upstream release incorporating
the changes. So if people are interested in them, grabbing the patches from
an F17 or later Fedora raidem srpm will provide what you need.