geoclue project on freedesktop.org

Jussi Kukkonen jhkukkon at cc.hut.fi
Mon May 14 15:07:48 PDT 2007

Well, this was unexpectedly painless: I've now copied the code to
freedesktop.org (with full svn history intact as far as I can see).

Some service addresses:
  web view:
    http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=geoclue.git;a=summary
  anonymous git:
    git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/geoclue
  developer git:
    ssh://git.freedesktop.org/git/geoclue

 I'm also quite new to git, but it doesn't seem too complex (e.g. we
probably have no need for the actual 'distributed' part of git). There
are documents "Everyday GIT" and "git for CVS users" in the git
documentation (in addition to the actual User Manual) that I found
useful. They're available in the web of course, but I suggest reading
the versions on your system (I already got burned by using wrong docs,
git seems to still evolve pretty fast).
 There's also fd.o git documentation:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Infrastructure/git/

 Developer access at freedesktop.org is based on SSH keys, and the
public keys are uploaded in a bug in the bugzilla. Follow instructions
at http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/AccountRequests to get an account.
You'll need to select product=freedesktop.org, component="New Accounts"
and CC me, as we don't have a bugzilla product.

 Jussi