HowTo geocode introspect
guilhem.bonnefille at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 13:35:13 PDT 2009
I'm looking at geoclue since long long long time now. But I never do
anything concrete with it yet.
Today, I decide to post a question.
I'm a contributor of Viking, a GPS related desktop application (
http://viking.sf.net/ ). I plan to integrate geoclue in viking for two
aspects (at least):
- realtime tracking: currently viking connects directly to gpsd
- geocoding: currently viking directly handle Google and Geoname requests
As a starting point, I plan to hack around geocoding. But as I'm
working on a GUI application, I plan to have a dynamic interface, not
hard-coded/linked to any geoclue provider.
For example, I imagine a UI where:
- the application automatically discovers available geocoding providers
- the user selects the provider in a list
- the user fills some request fields
Is such scenario possible?
If so, how to discover available providers (sorry, I'm also new to D-Bus)?
Then, how to discover which fields are supported by a geocoding
provider? I saw in "example" dir that we have to fill the following
fields: "postalcode", "countrycode", "locality", "street"
Thanks in advance for any help/tips/links.
-=- JID: guyou at im.apinc.org MSN: guilhem_bonnefille at hotmail.com
-=- mailto:guilhem.bonnefille at gmail.com
More information about the GeoClue