Configuration API problems

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Fri Apr 23 07:28:59 PDT 2010

Hey,

I have 2 overlapping problems with the current providers configuration
framework.

First, I wanted to add support for setting the baud rate for the gypsy
backend (and somebody can then add it to the gpsd one). The options
passed to backends are a{ss}, where a{sv} would be more appropriate to
allow passing integers. Should I break the API and fixup all the
backends? (We mentioned we wanted the providers API private anyway).

The second one is with GConf. I wanted to port the code to use GSettings
instead, which can not list keys available in a schema right now (or
have keys without a schema). Does anyone have a problem with me adding a
schema (and documenting) our configuration options?

Cheers