[ghns] DXS - Get available categories

Michael Gebhart lists at miketech.net
Sat Jul 30 16:08:30 EST 2005

Hi,

still have another suggestion:

<complexType name="Category">
<all>
<element name="id" type="xsd:string"/>
<element name="name" type="xsd:string"/>
<element name="description" type="xsd:string"/>
<element name="content" type="xsd:string"/>
</all>
</complexType>

We could also have IDs like this:

//themes
//themes/KDE
//themes/GTK
//wallpaper
//wallpaper/Other
//wallpaper/Nature

Designed similar to the content, but content contains for all wallpapers
"/wallpaper" no /wallpaper/Other, because these are the categories.

And with this you don´t need to set a parent, because you know,
that //wallpaper/Other is a child of //wallpaper.

The disadvantage: You can´t set a child to more than one parent. Each
child has exactly one parent. But I think this is not a really
disadvantage.

What do you think about this?

Greetings

Mike