[ghns] GHNS packages

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Sun Oct 4 17:05:41 PDT 2009

Hello,

On Monday 05 October 2009 01:48:05 Stephen wrote:
> Has anyone created a system for creating GHNS packages, that could be
> downloaded as a tar.gz or the like, if so what advice can you provide on
> implementing GHNS packages?

Packages which are unpacked at installation time and expand to several folders
at once are easily possible and are already in use. However, dependencies
between GHNS entries are not supported, each entry needs to be usable on its
own or describe dependencies in its documentation.

It would be nice to know some details about the Gimp use case to see whether
something can be done about it and how representative it is of general
potential GHNS usage in Gimp. I would like to see GHNS support in there, even
if it won't cover all use cases at the beginning.

Josef