[ghns] Notes on Saturday's meeting

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Mon Oct 5 00:09:15 PDT 2009

Hello,

based on the suggestions in the meeting I've started to work on some Hotstuff
features. RSS export is already possible, although the feeds do not contain a
lot of information yet:

http://newstuff.kde.org/cgi-bin/hotstuff-stuff?site=cantor&format=rss&q=Curve

Transforming RSS feeds from sites like Deviantart was also mentioned. This is
technically possible, as their feeds contain a lot of semantically
microformatted data. Does anyone know if they like this idea? I can write the
necessary XSL but I wouldn't like to operate it without their consent.

Regarding the Open Collaboration Services API, I've started working on an
interface which will follow the already predicted dual-stack web service
paradigm. I wonder whether it is intentional that users always have to be
authenticated when using this API. There could be a separation between the
specification and provider-specific policies, as otherwise it would mean that
KNS has to switch to a non-OCS protocol for typical read-only tasks like
displaying feeds.
Similarly, may I suggest that the entry categories go into a separate
specification. Otherwise, each new application adding GHNS support would
affect the specification text.

Josef