[Glamor] glamor with current xserver Git

He Junyan junyan.he at linux.intel.com
Mon Sep 17 00:51:58 PDT 2012

Hi:

I think we need to discuss this problem.

I trace this problem and find that this problem caused by the glx
extension of xserver.
In the code of glx extension, it re-defines the symbols:

PUBLIC void _glapi_set_context(void *context)
PUBLIC void *_glapi_get_context(void)
PUBLIC void _glapi_set_dispatch(struct _glapi_table *dispatch)
PUBLIC struct _glapi_table *_glapi_get_dispatch(void)
PUBLIC int _glapi_add_dispatch(const char *const *function_names, const
char *parameter_signature)

These symbols can be found both in glx and mapi and collide with each
other,  and which one is called
really depends on the loading sequence of libglx.so and libglapi.so .

Both glx and egl will call the APIs of  __DRIdri2Extension and
__DRIcoreExtension of dri drivers to create
the screen and context, so the screen and context struct seems compatible.
But for the getting the gl functions' address, they are not compatible.
eglGetProcAddress will depend a gl function's stub which is established
by _glapi_add_dispatch, and the stub
will call the really gl function in _glapi_table.  But
_glapi_add_dispatch in glx no not do this.
glx use another manner to call functions in the _glapi_table.
So in glamor, eglGetProcAddress just get invalid function address and
have error when call gl function.

I am creating the glx wrapper layer to fix this, but find glx define
another the _glapi_table struct and different
from it in mapi.  This means call glx's gl function may be mapped to
wrong really gl function in mesa, so we still
seem have some risk by this manner.