[Glamor] glamor with xserver >= 1.13

He Junyan junyan.he at linux.intel.com
Tue Jan 15 00:52:07 PST 2013

On 01/11/2013 09:53 PM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Don, 2012-11-29 at 11:19 +0800, Zhigang Gong wrote:
>> Junyan has been working on that and got some progress. The major work is in
>> Xserver side. We decide to use glx(xserver side) to create glamor's context
>> and don't rely on egl thus we can avoid the conflict with glx's dri loader
>> and the egl's.  Junyan, do you have any update currently? When will you
>> submit your patchset to xserver?
> Another 1.5 months have passed... Are there any patches available in any
> form? Otherwise we might need to look into this ourselves sooner or
> later, and it would be a shame to duplicate effort...
>

> Thanks,

I am working on this issue,  and have written some wrapper code for this.
I encounter the major problem about the conversion of the pixmap in
xserver to texture in mesa. GLX has implemented the
DRItexBufferExtension and
I want to use it to avoid the modificaiton in GLX to implement image to
texture extension.
Now some problems caused by conversion of the screen pixmap, and I am
fixing it.
Because I am relatively new developer in mesa and X, I need to
investigate and get
familiar with the mesa's code, the time is relatively long;(

Thanks.