[Glamor] Wayland / Glamor DDX?

davyaxel at free.fr davyaxel at free.fr
Fri Sep 20 05:34:51 PDT 2013

Hello,

>On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 9:40 AM,  <darxus at chaosreigns.com> wrote:
>> Yes.  Once a glamor DDX independent of intel hardware is created, doing
>> the exact same modifications to it as
>> git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel branch xwayland
>> to be able to output via the wayland protocol instead of directly to
>> the display.
>>
>> It seems likely to be useful to post to the wayland mailing list with any
>> questions.
>>
>> How is the creation of a glamor DDX independent of intel hardware going?
>
>There is a glamor implementation for AMD as well in xf86-video-ati.
>

>> Also, can I get write access to the wiki, user name "Darxus", so I can do
>> some grammar correction?  Last time that was up, it looked like logging in
>> wasn't enough to let me edit it.  And it's down again, so I can't verify.
>
>Most fdo wikis are down for despamming and cleanup at the moment.
>
>Alex

Is there someone working on an glamor DDX for XWayland?

It would certainly be useful to have a glamor DDX as a fallback, lowering the need to install other DDX and the burden of the maintenance.

The xf86-video-ati and xf86-video-nouveau XWayland branches are becoming old (For example they won't work without some changes on last XWayland)

I tried to update xf86-video-ati (I have a radeonsi card), but there is a problem because somewhere I need to give the handle of the newly created window to XWayland, but glamor didn't managed to import the Pixmap before and then created an glamor Pixmap I can't access (or I don't know how I can).

An XWayland glamor DDX should reduce maintenance cost, and I believe it would simplify life for users.

Axel Davy