Android GStreamer SDK plugins list

Sebastian Dröge sebastian.droege at collabora.co.uk
Sun Dec 2 02:20:20 PST 2012

On Sa, 2012-12-01 at 15:15 +0200, Denis Green wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use GStreamer SDK from gstreamer.com
>
> But:
>
> 1. There is no x264 plugin.

That's correct, please file a bug at bugs.freedesktop.org against the
GStreamer SDK. We might add it in the future but it's currently not high
priority because this release was more focused on playback features.

Having a bug to track this feature request would be useful though, if
you have some time you could also provide a patch against cerbero and a
x264 branch to be used with this. Then we could just merge it. See
bottom of the mail for some more details.

> 2. There is no tcp plugin.

The TCP plugin is included:
lib/gstreamer-0.10/static/libgsttcp.a

> 3. There is no video4linux2 plugin.

There is no video4linux on Android.

> Custom build tutorial also isn't informative about additional plugins.
>
> So how to add additional plugins to Android SDK?

See
> http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Building+from+source+using+Cerbero

Either take a look at the section "Build a single project with the SDK" or
just the general build instructions and then add a) the dependencies of these
plugins as new recipes and b) add them as dependencies for the plugin
module recipes and add the plugins to the recipes.