Error setting AudioSink in GstPlayer (Xabier Rodriguez Calvar)

Xabier Rodriguez Calvar calvaris at igalia.com
Wed Feb 8 01:57:14 PST 2012

O Mér, 08-02-2012 ás 09:21 +0530, Vikas Malhotra escribiu:
> Yes, I have not changed the code of GstPlayer.cpp and
> GstDriver.cpp....I am using it as it was. GstPlayer uses
> MediaPlayerInterface class and accesses its mAudioSink variable which
> is an object of type sp<AudioSink>. Actually my device is not rooted,
> I don't know if that may have caused the problem. I am trying to build
> the project as an application (.apk) file.

I don't know too much about android APIs and what I say could be wrong,
but it looks like for some reason, the system cannot instantiate the
proper sync, so it is returning 0x0 (which is basically nothing), and
you cannot set nothing as a sink. There must be something wrong with
your setup. Maybe somebody with more knowledge on android can say
something.

Br.