Reading decoded frames from GStreamer Pipeline

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Thu Feb 9 00:04:47 PST 2012

On 02/09/2012 08:06 AM, Vikas Malhotra wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am working on playing video in my Android device using GStreamer's
> GstPlayer class.
> Due to some reasons(which i am not able to understand), I am unable to
> use surfaceflingersink element.
> I should mention that my device is "not rooted" and i am using "NDK
> Build of GStreamer NDK Bundle".
>
> I want to get decoded video frames from my playbin2 element and pass
> them to my video rendering layer which i have created.
>
> Is this possible ? Am I in right direction ? .... please help me in
> this project.

This is the status quo of the NDK port. The surfaceflinger API is not
accesible from the NDK without complicated hacks atleast in Android 2.3.
For those platforms people would need to write a videosink using the
e.g. bitmap api or opengl es. The later has ben tried too somewhat.
We're really need people here that also are willing to put some efforts
into the platform work :/

Stefan