gstreamer running on Android app?

Enrique Ocaña González eocanha at igalia.com
Mon Jul 2 06:53:00 PDT 2012

On Lunes, 2 de Julio de 2012 14:12:15 Anees Alappat escribió:

> For this purpose, all the gstreamer related environment variables have to
> be exported manually through the adb shell.
> We would like to run the gst-launch as an application in the Android phone
> without exporting the variables using adb shell. Is there any method for
> this?

Maybe some of these suggestions could be useful to you:

- Writing a wrapper in shell script (eg: gst-launch.sh) that does the variable
exports before calling the actual gst-launch executable. Execute the script
invoking /system/bin/sh <script-name>.
- Writing a wrapper C program that does the variable exports using setenv()
and then exec() the actual executable.
- Modify the gst-launch sources to add the setenv()s there.

Cheers.

--
Enrique Ocaña