Latest gst-ffmpeg build

Vikas Malhotra ervikaspec at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 06:14:13 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I have been working on porting ffmpeg version 0.10 to gstreamer-ffmpeg but
due to changes in gst-ffmpeg, i have not succeeded much.
Although, I am able to play the video/audio using ffmpeg-0.10 libraries but
I am facing some problems in playback of some file formats, like

- flv file gets played fine but seeking hangs the player screen i.e.
seeking is not working. I tried disabling the flv parser of gstreamer and
enabled ffdemux_flv of gstreamer but after that, it is not playing flv
videos anymore.
- some file types like avi and mkv, play video only but not audio, despite
presence of audio decoder.
- some files like mkv are playing while some are not.

Please help to solve the problems.

--

Vikas