Package gstreamer was not found in the pkg-config search path

Kamaljit Singh Sandhu jolly_sandhu at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 01:52:54 PDT 2012

Hi ALL

      I m trying to compilling gstreamer for android . I have follow all http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/GstreamerAndroid_InstallInstructions and compiling through NDK .

Compiled  on OS

Ubuntu 11.10 (64 and 32 bits)

NDK = 5 (X) and 6(X) , 7 (B)
SDK

I had set all path in system  and run ./setup.sh  and got a error as following  , I had also installed these package which are related to gstreamer

sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg
gstreamer0.10-fluendo-mp3 gstreamer0.10-gnonlin gstreamer0.10-pitfdll
gstreamer0.10-sdl gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse
gstreamer0.10-schroedinger gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly-multiverse
totem-gstreamer  gstreamer-dbus-media-service gstreamer-tools ubuntu-restricted-extras .

>AS WELL AS also updated
>
>http://ppa.launchpad.net/ylatuya/ppa/ubuntu
>http://ppa.launchpad.net/gstreamer-deve … ppa/ubuntu
>I hv also followed in this blog here is link
>
>http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-android/2011-December/000126.html

But still i m getting error . Pls help me to sovle that bugs .

root at jolly-Inspiron-N5110:~/jolly/newcode/gstreamer_ndk_bundle# ./setup.sh
Updated project.properties
Updated local.properties
Updated file ./build.xml
Updated file ./proguard-project.txt
androgenizer
android_headers
faad
glib
gnonlin
gst-android
gst-editing-services
gst-openmax
gst-plugins-bad
gst-plugins-base
gst-plugins-good
gst-plugins-ugly
gstreamer
jni
libid3tag
libmad
ogg
res
src
x264
Package gstreamer was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer.pc'
No package 'gstreamer' found
/root/jolly/newcode/gstreamer_ndk_bundle/jni/../jni/Android.mk:130: /root/jolly/

Regards and Thanks

*** Sandhu KS****