Re: GStreamer SDK – Preview release for Android

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 04:10:04 PST 2012

2012/11/5 cee1 <fykcee1 at gmail.com>:
> Hey,
>
> We've tried the SDK under ubuntu, the target is android 4.0.3. It
> seems much better than the
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/GstreamerAndroid_InstallInstructions
> way, the latter has no builtable surfaceflingersink for high version
> android.
>
> Some problems with gstreamer.mk:
> * HOST_SED is empty under non windows environment.
>
> * Failed to build when add ffmpeg to GSTREAMER_PLUGINS, the linker
> can't find symbols from libz (e.g. compress2),  we solved it by adding
> "-lz" to 'buildsharedlibrary' target -- after right parenthesis of
> "call libtool-link"
>
> * Also, enabling all codecs renders a build failure (the ndk build
> tool version is android-ndk-r8b):
> /path.../ld.gold: gst-build/gstreamer_android.o: in function
> gst_android_register_static_plugins:gstreamer_android.c(.text+0x174):
> error: undefined reference to 'gst_plugin_mpegdemux_register'
>
> /path.../ld.gold: gst-build/gstreamer_android.o: in function
> gst_android_register_static_plugins:gstreamer_android.c(.text+0x1a0):
> error: undefined reference to 'gst_plugin_rmdemux_register'
>
> /path.../ld.gold: error:
> /home/yefl/tmp/gstreamer-sdk-android-arm-debug-2012.10/lib/gstreamer-0.10/static/libgstnsf.a(libgstnsf_la-vrc7_snd.o):
> multiple definition of 'table'

All these build errors have already been addressed. In case you don't
want to wait until the final release you can rebuild the SDK yourself
with the following steps:
 $ git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer-sdk/cerbero; cd cerbero
 $ ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-android.cbc bootstrap
 $ ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-android.cbc package gstreamer-sdk

> And...
> * The examples under tutorials can't be used directly? Run the binary
> compiled from .C code, prompting many elements are failed to create.
>
> * There is no gst-inspect or gst-launch shipped with the SDK. We've
> tried to port them from gstreamer source, but neither of them can find
> non-static elements.
> In development stage, it will be convenient if gst-inspect and
> gst-launch exist. Curious why the example apk can find plugins.

For this first preview release we only provided the static libraries
that are used for the ndk-build integration, as it's the only thing
you really need in the applications' development. But for testing
purpose, we will also provide a tarball with the shared libraries and
GStreamer tools that you could use to test pipelines in the device. If
you try to compile the SDK yourself, you will see that 2 tarballs are
created, the last one with the "-runtime" suffix contains what you are
looking for.

Andoni

> --
> Regards,