cerbero cross build errors

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 13:09:04 PST 2012

>>> Hi Andoni,
>>>
>>> doing a clean checkout and doing the bootstrap give now the following
>>> error:
>>>

>>> Cloning into '.'...
>>> done.
>>> [(3/7) automake -> configure ]
>>> -----> copying /home/nicola/cerbero/data/autotools/config.guess to
>>> /home/nicola/cerbero/sources/buid-tools/automake-1.12.4/lib/config.guess
>>> -----> copying /home/nicola/cerbero/data/autotools/config.sub to
>>> /home/nicola/cerbero/sources/buid-tools/automake-1.12.4/lib/config.sub
>>> Running command './configure --prefix /home/nicola/cerbero/build-tools
>>> --libdir /home/nicola/cerbero/build-tools/lib  --disable-maintainer-mode'
>>>
>>> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-maintainer-mode
>>> checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
>>> checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>>> checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>>> checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
>>> checking whether build environment is sane... yes
>>> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
>>> checking for gawk... gawk
>>> checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
>>> checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
>>> checking whether /usr/bin/perl supports ithreads... yes
>>> checking for tex... tex
>>> checking for yacc... yacc
>>> checking for lex... lex
>>> checking whether autoconf is installed... yes
>>> checking whether autoconf works... yes
>>> checking whether autoconf is recent enough... no
>>> configure: error: Autoconf 2.62 or better is required.
>>>
>>> ***** Error running 'bootstrap' command:
>>> Recipe 'automake' failed at the build step 'configure'
>>>
>>> I'm trying this in a clean debian sid chroot, however even fixing these
>>> errors I'm able to build gstreamer package for the running but not for
>>> arm,
>>>
>>> can you please give some instructions to cross compile gstreamer for arm
>>> using cerbero?
>>
>> First, make sure the your master branch is up-to-date. Autoconf 2.68
>> should have been built previously in the bootstrap.
>>
>> Could you please try the following:
>> rm -rf ~/.cerbero/build_tools
>> ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-android.cbc bootstrap
>>

>> If that still fails,
>

> still fails
>

>> please run the following commands and check that
>> our autoconf is being used and not the system one:
>>
>> $ ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-android.cbc run which autoconf
>>
>> Running command 'which autoconf'
>> /home/andoni/cerbero/build-tools/bin/autoconf
>

> Running command 'which autoconf'
> /home/nicola/cerbero/build-tools/bin/autoconf
>

>> $ ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-android.cbc run "autoconf
>> --version"
>>
>> Running command 'autoconf --version'
>> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.68
>

> Running command 'autoconf --version'
> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) UNKNOWN-dirty

The version here is wrong and I believe it's because you called "sh
bootstrap.sh".

In the previous step I forgot to delete the sources directory, so to
start over again from scratch do:
rm -rf ~/.cerbero (Note this is a hidden folder and needs to be
removed to delete the build caches)
rm -rf ~/cerbero

and run the bootstrap again.

Andoni

> License GPLv3+/Autoconf: GNU GPL version 3 or later
> <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>,
> <http://gnu.org/licenses/exceptions.html>
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
>
> Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.
>
> as pointed before auto* have "UNKNOWN-dirty" as version
>
> I also removed the whole cerbero dir and did a clean git clone, no change
>
> thanks
> Nicola
>
> P.S. the permission denied error pointed above is still no fixed
>

>> Andoni
>>
>>> thanks
>>> Nicola

Andoni Morales Alastruey