cerbero cross build errors

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 15:38:19 PST 2012

2012/11/12 Thibault Saunier <thibault.saunier at collabora.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I am getting the exact same errors here using fedora 17 (and building
> gstreamer-1.0).

>> first error:
>>
>> [(2/7) autoconf -> compile ]
>> Running command 'make'
>> CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && aclocal
>> -I/home/nicola/cerbero/build-tools/share/aclocal -I m4
>> sh: 1: build-aux/git-version-gen: Permission denied

The issue here has nothing to do with the distribution or missing dependencies.
When building autoconf from a distribution tarball, aclocal should
never been called and the git-version-gen script should never be
called either. The problem is that we don't extract tarballs, but use
git repositories with the extracted tarball ... and git doesn't
preserve timestamps. We try to fix that in
cerbero/build/source.py:253, but sometime it's not working although on
my cpmputers and the buildbots it seems to works properly.
So I have changed the recipes for automake and autoconf to use the
upstream tarballs instead of out git repo, which should fix the build
errors.

Andoni

--
Andoni Morales Alastruey