Error during Gstreamer build using android NDK

cee1 fykcee1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 17:08:53 PST 2012

2012/11/20 manoj soni <itsmanojsoni at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
> I am running into following error while building Gstreamer using NDK.
>
> SharedLibrary  : libgstadder.so
> arm-linux-androideabi-g++: error: unrecognized option '-avoid-version'
> make: *** [obj/local/armeabi/libgstadder.so] Error 1
After googling: higher version of gcc will take unrecognized option as
error, and '-avoid-version' is an option of libtool....

Work around:
1. mv /path/to/arm-linux-androideabi-g++
/path/to/arm-linux-androideabi-g++.moved
2. Write a wrap script named arm-linux-androideabi-g++, and filter out
 '-avoid-version' option in the script.

> Can anyone please help me resolve this issue?
>
> Regards,
> Manoj
>

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 8:46 PM, manoj soni <itsmanojsoni at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I am facing an issue while building Gstreamer using NDK.
>>

>> >  audio.c:589: error: 'GST_TYPE_AUDIO_CHANNEL_POSITION' undeclared (first
>> > use in this function)
>> >
>> > /gstreamer_ndk_bundle/jni/../gst-plugins-base/gst-libs/gst/audio/audio.c:589:
>>
>> > error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>>
>> I can see one post that talks about the same issue, but I could not
>> understand how to resolve this issue.
>>
>> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-android/2011-November/000114.html
>>
>> Can anyone please help me resolve this issue ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Manoj

Regards,

- cee1