Gstreamer FFMpeg Plugin

Vikas Malhotra ervikaspec at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 05:23:36 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Hope all are doing great.

I am trying to build a player using GStreamer for Android
(gstreamer_ndk_bundle 0.10.35) and gst-ffmpeg plugin. Below given are the
links from where I have downloaded the sources:

gstreamer_ndk_bundle:
http://cgit.collabora.com/git/android/gstreamer-0.10_ndk_bundle.git/

gst-ffmpeg-plugin:
http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/edward/android/gst-ffmpeg.git/

I have successfully integrated the latest ffmpeg in this gst-ffmpeg-plugin
(as it contained a 0.5 version of ffmpeg which is very outdated).

Now, I am running into problems when trying to enable multi threading in
ffmpeg decoding. I have added following lines in
gst-ffmpeg-plugin/ext/ffmpeg/gstffmpegdec.c
in function gst_ffmpegdec_setcaps. I have added:

  ffmpegdec->context->thread_count = 2;
  ffmpegdec->context->thread_type = FF_THREAD_SLICE;

I have tested the build on various devices with same result. I have tested
it on devices having dual core and quad core.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks :)

--

Vikas