Gstreamer Playback Speed Issue

Vikas Malhotra ervikaspec at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 04:03:26 PDT 2012

Hello everybody,

I have used the gstreamer_ndk_bundle 0.10 and created a demo application to
play videos on Android devices.

I have tested the port on Android Gingerbread 2.3 and Android ICS 4.0.3.

Some videos (particularly of smaller resolution i.e. < 720p) are playing
normally on first start of video but when i seek the video, then its
playback speed increases i.e. it starts to play fast then normal. Audio is
playing normally but video is fast. This issue occurs in Android ICS 4.0.3
only.

In Android Gingerbread it is working perfectly fine.

I have tried many things to identify the root cause of issue but i have not
succeeded. Please help me.

I am using gst-ffmpeg port to Android with ffmpeg version 0.10.

Please help me.

--

Vikas