Failed to allocate buffer while playing mp4 file

Sebastian Dröge slomo at circular-chaos.org
Fri Aug 30 00:54:40 PDT 2013

On Do, 2013-08-29 at 16:40 +0800, Bruce Tsai wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>

> The media_codecs.xml is
> put https://www.dropbox.com/s/02m5g8gms9t798k/media_codecs.xml
> And the video frame is look
> like https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72809300/SamsungNote2/2013-08-29%2016.16.32.jpg
>

> The ogv file, also download from sintel, is playable on Note 2.

That one doesn't use the hardware codecs though :)

Not sure what else I could do here without actual access to the device.
You would need to check why exactly it fails to call the Java method,
and also debug why the color format that is used by the decoder does not
match what we assume in the androidmedia plugin... and try to reverse
engineer how it is supposed to be used.