Failed to allocate buffer while playing mp4 file

Bruce Tsai wagamama.tsai at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 18:50:25 PDT 2013

I tested the same app on my recently bought new Nexus 7 (2013).
The media_codecs.xml of Nexus 7 is listed in [1].
The screen is blank rather than weird video frames while playing content.
And the errors, see logs in [2], are a little different from Note 2.
There are no errors like
"gstamcvideodec.c:1053:gst_amc_video_dec_loop:<amcvideodec-omxsecavcdec0>
Failed to allocate buffer".
But "gstamc.c:701:gst_amc_codec_dequeue_output_buffer Failed to call Java
method" still exists.

For the unknown color formats, I found that some codecs have color format
(0x7fa30c03) that is not mentioned in Android Java API [3].
But I do find this number is defined as
"COLOR_QCOM_FormatYUV420PackedSemiPlanar64x32Tile2m8ka" in
gst-plugins-bad-static-0.10.23/sys/androidmedia/gstamc-constants.h.
This is weird to consider a known color format as an unknown color format
while scanning codec information.

[1]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72809300/GoogleNexus7/media_codecs.xml
[2]