Android gst_parse_launch using

Sebastian Dröge slomo at circular-chaos.org
Sat Sep 28 02:54:33 PDT 2013

On Sa, 2013-09-28 at 09:36 +0200, Peter Hafner wrote:
> Ok, I try that.
> To be sure I can get the pipline working.
> data->pipeline = gst_parse_launch("udpsrc port=4000 caps=
> \"application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000,
> encoding-name=(string)H264\" ! rtph264depay ! ffdec_h264 ! xvimagesink
> sync=false", &error);
>
> But error message is "no element ffdec_h264" is this element not
> available on android?
> And also for xvimagesink, but I think, that's not the right sink for
> using in Android.
> What could be her the right output?

xvimagesink is not available on Android. Android has no X11. You can use
eglglessink on Android, take a look at the Android examples at
docs.gstreamer.com

For having ffdec_h264 you need to put
$(GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_CODECS_RESTRICTED) to your Android.mk.

I would also recommend you to not use ancient 0.10 GStreamer versions
but the latest version available (1.2.0):
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-devel/2013-September/043141.html

There however the outdated examples on docs.gstreamer.com need some
updates, see the first attachment in this mail for example:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-android/2013-June/000483.html

> Sebastian,
> you said, or just use the rtsp stream to config?
> Yes, that would be nice, but I didn't know how.
> Can you point me in the right direction, or give me a hint ?

Take a look at gst-rtsp-server :)