minix 1080p gstreamer 1.2.3 crashes

Alok Kumar alokkat at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 01:15:49 PDT 2014

I am using gstreamer 1.2.3, ndk 9.
Amy thoughts what could be issue here.

Sent from my Windows Phone From: Sebastian Dröge
Sent: 4/8/2014 2:54 AM
To: Discussions about GStreamer on Android
Subject: Re: minix 1080p gstreamer 1.2.3 crashes
On Mo, 2014-04-07 at 14:15 -0400, Alok Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if this is a gstreamer issue on minix or where is the
> problem.
>
> I am using minix x7 mini with 4.2.2 android version. I am using tutorial 3
> of gstreamer NDK to play the video playback from local media. My app
> crashes when I try to play 1080p24 video immediately with following
> message. App uses gstreamer pipeline filesrc! decodecbin ! autovideosink
>
> 04-04 17:18:25.998: A/(5993):
> frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/foundation/ABuffer.cpp:58 CHECK_LE(
> offset + size,mCapacity) failed: 3133440 vs. 3110400 04-04 17:18:25.998:
> A/libc(5993): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0xdeadbaad (code=1), thread 6053
> (MediaCodec_loop)
>
> Full logs are here http://pastebin.com/Z8GMLWcM
>
> I am able to play 480p and 720p without any problem. I can do the video
> playback with 1080p24 same app on galaxy tab 3. Could someone please advise
> what could be issue here. I dont know where to look for.

Which version of GStreamer are you using?

It would be useful if you could get a real backtrace of the problem, and
also enable GStreamer debug logs and include them here too. For the
latter just call gst_debug_set_default_threshold(GST_LEVEL_DEBUG)
somewhere in the beginning of your code.

Expertise, Straight from the Source