android rtsp & h264 client SIGFPE

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Dec 22 00:08:45 PST 2014

On Di, 2014-12-16 at 19:20 -0500, James Nute wrote:
> I'm trying to modify android tutorial #3 (congo 2013.6 SDK) to play an rtsp
> stream pipeline but I keep crashing when I press play in the app..

The "2013.6 SDK" is something that was released by gstreamer.com, which
has nothing to do with the GStreamer project and is based on a now more
than 2 year old GStreamer version. There were a lot of changes and
bugfixes since then, especially in the RTSP related code. You can get
newer, official binaries for Android from here:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/android/1.4.5/

> 12-16 18:55:14.128: A/libc(10182): Fatal signal 8 (SIGFPE) at 0x000027c6
> (code=-6), thread 10342 (eglglessink-ren)

If that problem still exists with the 1.4.5 version, please get a
backtrace of that crash with a debugger. But most likely this is fixed
nowadays, the eglglessink element was replaced by another one.