Video artefacts

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Feb 4 06:18:09 PST 2014

On Fr, 2014-01-31 at 12:27 +0100, JPM wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Android device (NEXUS 7 (2013), Android 4.4.2) is receiving a H264 over
> RTP over UDP video stream
> with this pipeline; data->pipeline = gst_parse_launch("udpsrc port=5001 !
> application/x-rtp, payload=96 ! rtph264depay ! ffdec_h264 !
> ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink", &error);
>
> The server is sending video with a resolution of 320x240 and everything is
> Ok.
>
> When I change the resolution to 640x480 there are lot of video artefacts in
> the client (Nexus 7).
>
> The Android application is based in Android Gstreamer SDK tutorial-3.
>
> Any idea to fix this ?.

Try to find the reason why it causes artefacts. Are too many packets
getting lost?

You should also use rtpbin for RTP to be actually useful, and might also
want to use gst-rtsp-server for simplicity if you can use RTSP.

For rtpbin usage see gst-plugins-good/tests/examples/rtp. There are some
shell scripts that show how it can be used.

Apart from that you should consider to upgrade to GStreamer 1.x, e.g. by
using the binaries provided here by the GStreamer project:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/android/1.2.2/

Expertise, Straight from the Source