No number limit of shared libraries on Android since 4.3

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Mar 6 07:45:16 PST 2014

On Mo, 2014-03-03 at 17:42 +0800, Bruce Tsai wrote:
> I know there was a limit on the number of shared libraries of Android's
> dynamic linker. But I found the limit is removed recently since 4.3. In
> 4.2.2, there is a SO_MAX, see [1]. But in 4.3, SO_MAX is removed, see [2].

Thanks for the information, that should be useful for running GStreamer
with a custom set of shared plugins for applications. Still the static
linking of everything GStreamer related into a single library has some
other advantages, like getting rid of all object files that one does not
need during linking.

Expertise, Straight from the Source