gst-editing-services

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Mar 26 12:17:05 PDT 2014

On Mi, 2014-03-26 at 12:05 +0100, Sandro Sacquegno wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> first of all, many compliments to all the crew for the hard/wonderful work!
>
> I develop on Windows XP for Android (NDK 9rd) and I've been able to
> experiment with GStreamer only when you made available the pre-compiled
> binaries (gstreamer-1.0-android-arm-1.2.3-debug), because I had no luck
> trying many times to compile the package starting from the source.
>
> Now I'd like to experiment with GES, but it's not included in the above
> said package.
>
> I much appreciated the updated release of GES and GNonLin to 1.2.0, but I
> had no luck (of course) trying to compile the modules from the available
> tarballs.
>
> What I ask you is: is there any chance to see GES (and its companion
> GNonLin) in a pre-compiled for Android binary form in the future?
>
> Or, maybe, I should be able to build the modules thru the tarballs having
> the right tips?

Building GStreamer via cerbero for Android is currently only support on
Linux and OSX unfortunately, but that would be the easiest way to
include them in the binaries. Alternatively you could build ges/gnonlin
manually by either including them in your project, or by using the msys
shell and setting up a proper environment to have it find the GStreamer
headers and libraries.

As the 1.2.0 release of them (and gst-rtsp-server) is there now, I was
going to include them all in the 1.2.4 release binaries. Which should
hopefully happen in the near future.

Expertise, Straight from the Source