Can't play mp3 / mp4

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Mar 29 01:48:18 PDT 2014

On Fr, 2014-03-28 at 17:06 +0100, Sandro Sacquegno wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible that every try to "playbin" an mp3 or mp4 fails with "no
> suitable plugin found" ?
>
> I tried on a real device (2.3.4) and in Android.mk I included ALL available
> plugins!
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Sorry for the, maybe, newbie question...

What are "ALL available plugins" you are including, what's your
Android.mk? You will need qtdemux for the MP4 container, audioparsers
and videoparsers for parsing the audio/video bitstreams and for decoding
mad (for MP3), faad (for AAC), libav (for h264, and also the others).

Expertise, Straight from the Source