gstreamer 1.4.4 armv7 for Android 4.0.x

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Nov 17 09:12:46 PST 2014

On Mo, 2014-11-17 at 18:09 +0100, stic at free.fr wrote:
> Hi,
> it seems gstreamer release 1.4.4 armv7 doesn't load on Android 4.0.x, at least on my device.
> It was working fine with 1.4.3 armv7.
> I didn't find error in the android logcat, the app just hangs and can't initialize gstreamer.
> I also tried with other devices with Android 4.4 and had no problem.

Are you using the binaries from the release or building your own? 1.4.4
was the first release to include binaries for armv7 (and x86),
previously we only released binaries for arm (v5).

Can you enable full debug logs in GStreamer and check what happens with
"adb logcat"? Also please check if System.loadLibrary() already fails or
if we actually go into the GStreamer initialization code.